Sections

Sinner: Kyrgios dismayed, 'bad day for tennis'

Australian tennis player comments and retweets an attacking post

Sinner: Kyrgios dismayed, 'bad day for tennis'

Redazione Ansa

(ANSA) - ROME, FEB 15 - Jannik Sinner critic Nick Kyrgios said Saturday he was dismayed at the wold number one's three-month doping ban, saying it was a bad day for tennis.
    "A bad day for tennis", the Australian former Wimbledon finalist commented "with regret and disappointment" on X the agreement between Sinner and the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) on the clostebol case. , whose outcome will not affect the 23-year-old South Tyrolean's dream of becoming the first man since Rod Laver in 1969 to achieve a calendar year Grand Slam.
    Since last year, the 29-year-old Aussie player and pundit has been the harshest critic of the Italian tennis player for whom he had hoped for a long disqualification.
    Kyrgios relaunched an attacking post on Sinner that calls into question other champions such as Dan Evans, Simona Halep, Nicholas Jarry, and Beatrice Hadad Maia who have served major disqualifications for cases of alleged doping.
    "The rules are rules unless you are a puppet of the system", said the fiery Australian. (ANSA).
   

Leggi l'articolo completo su ANSA.it